Thinking about building an inground concrete pool? Pacific Pools has more than 40 years of experience in concrete pool building, creating swimming pools that dreams are made of.
Whether it’s an ultra-formal pool setting, a natural freeform design, a lap pool for exercise, or a plunge pool for the kids to cool off in, we can design it for you.
Pacific’s owner and licensed builder, Bruce Read is with you every step of the way. His dedicated staff and highly experienced sub-contractors will ensure that your pool is constructed to the highest of standards, ensuring your investment will increase the value of your home and give your family many years of enjoyment.
New Swimming Pools – It’s A Team Effort
With us, you will get professional support and guidance at all times. But that’s not all we do. We will guide you through every step of the design, approval and construction process including handling all the documents and forms for council approval.
We provide a complete new pool package for you. We can help you with pool equipment, heating, lighting, and the latest modern control systems and pool cleaners.
For advice about any swimming pool compliance issues, and much more, just talk to our team.
Give us a call and let’s discuss how to create the swimming pool of your dreams.
Building a swimming pool can be a daunting process so it’s important to understand what’s involved. This is a quick, general overview of how a swimming pool is built. Pool construction may vary depending on the nature of the pool design, site, and other issues. Our experts will be able to take care of every aspect for you, ensuring that you get the pool of your dreams.
Before building your pool, it’s important to inspect the site and evaluate any possible construction issues. Depending on the type of pool and location, construction needs may vary considerably.
We assess the site for construction purposes, noting any possible site issues, like a sloping gradient, proximity to a home or the location of water mains and any other infrastructure. We consult with you about any issues and resolve problems along the way.
1. The site of your swimming pool is pegged out prior to excavation followed by laying of steel and formwork, including pre-plumbing, which is the foundation of the pool.
2. The next stage is the concrete spray which completes the main pool structure.
3. After the concrete curing time, coping and waterline tiles (if you have them) will be laid.
4. We will then get you to finalise your pool fencing.
5. The final stage is the setting up of the filtration equipment and pool interior surface being laid.
6. After a final rinse down your new swimming pool is ready to be filled.
7. Once the pool is full Bruce will be onsite to balance the chemicals and explain the operation of the equipment to ensure you get the most out of your new pool.
Swimming pool renovations are usually quite similar to the construction process, but on a smaller scale. In some cases, we might only replace the external coping, whilst other times we will do a new interior surface, or even reshape the pool. Construction is carried out on a needs basis.
If a pool is being redesigned and reshaped, the process is very similar to the new pool process. The new build may involve additional excavation, pool relining and related additional work.
We hope you found this overview of pool construction useful and informative. If you have any questions about pool building or related issues, call our team. We’ll be happy to provide any information and guidance you may need.